Residential Support Worker
A well-established Health and Wellbeing institute are now recruiting for a Residential Support Worker for a six bed home for young people with social, emotional and Mental Health difficulties based in Dover, Kent.
As a Residential Support Worker you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our service users. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting service users in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible. Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
You will need:
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience however is not essential, providing you have a willingness to learn and the compassion and patience needed to support.
- Ability to show empathy and understanding of complex mental and behavioural needs.
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organisational capability
- Must have had a full driving licence for three years
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support
As well as offering a competitive salary, you will also be entitled to comprehensive induction and training, including qualifications in Health and Social Care, amongst many other benefits.
In general, our shifts are 24 hours starting at 8 or 9am through to the next day, with a sleep in. This would be 3 days a week. Weekends/Bank Holidays/Christmas/New Year will be worked on a rota basis.
To register your interest in this role, please apply above or contact Olivia Woodhead on 01727 731490.
Apply for Residential Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly