We have an opportunity for a General Operative to work within the busy stone production facility in Huddersfield. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Johnsons Wellfield operates a highly sophisticated stone production facility from its Crosland Hill Quarries in Huddersfield which is part of the progressive family owned Myers Group.
The main aim of our General Operative role is to carry out a variety of duties within the primary and secondary production operations (and associated activities) in order to meet the needs of the business.
In return for your hard work and commitment as our General Operative you will receive a competitive hourly rate/salary in addition to great benefits such as:
- Excellent Holiday Allowance (including your Birthday Off) which increases with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Development Programs to help meet your career ambitions
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discounts
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Death in Service
The General Operative duties and key responsibilities:
- Undertake operational requirements as specified
- Setting up and operating machines
- General housekeeping duties
- Operating FLT and pallet truck
- Loading and unloading product with overhead cranes and vacuum lifts
To become our General Operative you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Good knowledge of dimensional stone products and materials
- Ability to operate machinery as required
- Suitable fitness level to conduct work appropriately
- Excellent communication skills
- NVQ Level 2
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Good time-management
- Self-motivated, genuine with a friendly positive attitude
- Committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- Must be flexible to undertake any other reasonable duties as required
If you feel you have all the skills and knowledge required to become our General Operative please click ‘Apply’ today.
Huddersfield is commutable from Bradford, Wakefield, Halifax and surrounding areas.
Unfortunately we can’t respond to all applications so if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.