IT & Telecoms Technical Support Engineer
Job Title: IT & Telecoms Technical Support Engineer
Location: Silsoe, Bedford
Salary: £15,000 - £19,000 (DOE)
The company is currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join their busy technical support team, handling queries and resolving faults. They are a fast-growing telecommunications & Managed service provider, their product portfolio includes lines, broadband, the latest voice and data products, cloud based technologies and desktop support (MAC/Windows).
The ideal candidate would be looking to progress through the support career path, or move in to deployment engineering; both of which are achievable within the business.
- Handling first line support tickets from receipt to resolution across their VoIP product range.
- Managing escalations to 2nd and 3rd line support for the above, by Liaising with Customer Service Teams and Carriers to resolve customer faults.
- Installing and configuring computer & telecoms hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer/Telephone systems and networks.
- Talking staff & clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Working continuously on a task until completion.
- Prioritising and managing several open cases at any given time.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
- Site visits including installation, training and support on all technical products.
- General Office administration.
- Experience with Gamma Horizon platform would be an advantage, but is not essential as full training would be given.
- MAC & Windows experience required.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- The ability to work well in a team and independently.
- The ability to prioritise your workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
Due to the nature of the work, you may be expected to work weekends or bank holidays.
Monday - Thursday 09:00 - 17:30
Friday 09:00 - 17:00
Our support function will extend to 24x7 during 2018 as part of our expansion plans.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Manager, 2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, IT Trainer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician, Software Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support will also be considered for this role.
Apply for IT & Telecoms Technical Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly