University of Bath
Part-time Monday to Friday 11am-3pm
Six month fixed term
We’re looking for a hands-on, caring cleaning professional with something unique about them to work part-time, and help keep our Claverton Down Campus at its very best.
This is a supervisory role with a big supportive element. You’ll be looking after, training and developing a member of our cleaning team, who has specific learning difficulties – so you’ll need to be a good communicator, with lots of patience and understanding. It really is a role that makes a difference!
Naturally, you’ll need a certain level of basic numeracy, literacy and computer skills, used for reporting and standard-checking. You will have a friendly approach and the ability to deal with people from wide-ranging backgrounds. You will have the abilities and communications skills to supervise, as well as an ability to carry out cleaning tasks, to help make our University a stand out place to be.
Ideally you’ll have a background of working with people with learning difficulties. A DBS check will be required.
A reasonable level of personal fitness is essential, due to the role’s physical, hands-on nature. If you have an NVQ2 or BTEC in cleaning, all the better – although we’ll provide one if not.
Some of the excellent staff benefits that make us a stand out employer are:
- Excellent pension: 18% employer contributions (8% employee contributions)
- 25 days holiday (plus 5 university closure days including time off over the Christmas period)
- A flexible working environment
- Salary exchange scheme (cycle to work, fitness plus with our world-class sports training village)
- Interest free loans for public transport seasons tickets
- Discounts for staff on - World class sport facilities and onsite parking