Supported Housing Worker
Job Title: Supported Housing Worker
Salary: £20,300 – per annum
Position: Permanent – Full Time
Closing Date: 26th February 2018
The company is seeking a Supported Housing Worker to provide high quality direct support and housing management to single homeless people with low to medium level support needs in Salisbury, ensuring that clients move-on sustainably to greater independence within defined timescales.
They are a growing voluntary organisation providing services to people facing acute challenges in their lives. Their vision is a just society where socially excluded people are supported and empowered to build sustainable, independent lives.
The business now operates a range of services all over the South West, not only addressing the needs of homeless people but also the root causes of homelessness. Projects include their hostel in Bath, social enterprises, supported housing, domestic violence refuges, refugee support, homelessness prevention, criminal justice services, and various outreaches
They are currently looking for a Supported Housing Worker in Wiltshire to deliver high quality direct support and housing management services to single homeless people with low to medium level support needs. These people are living in designated properties, and it would be your job to ensure that they move-on sustainably to greater independence within defined timescales.
The successful candidate will work in close partnership with the team and with relevant external agencies and be committed to service user involvement and the development of high quality services.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
The key skills and experience they are looking for are
- A qualified Health or Social Care specialist with experience of working with homeless people and/or other socially excluded people
- Someone who has the skills and experience necessary for working with people with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
- Who is able to undertake assessment and planning for people with complex social needs
- Who can lead on multi agency working and partnerships
- Who has an understanding of the benefits and housing benefits system
- Ideally the candidate will have a driving license and access to own car, but this is not essential.
What we offer:
- £20,300 per annum
- Cash Health Plan
- Flexible Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible pension contribution up to 6%
- Childcare vouchers
- Excellent supervision, training and development opportunities
- A chance to be part of an exciting and highly respected charity, making real difference to the lives of socially excluded people around the South West
How to apply
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page which will have the application form & recruitment pack.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Team Leader, Support Worker, Social Care, Health and Support Worker, Housing & Support Manager, Contract Compliance Manager, Housing Manager, Social Care Manager, Senior Housing & Support Officer, Housing Quality Assurance Manager, Compliance Manager, Senior Housing Compliance Officer, Housing Management will also be considered for this role.