Part-time PR & Copywriter
Part-time PR & Copywriter Role
Fresh, creative and forward-thinking, HD Marketing is a full-service PR and Marketing agency specialising in the new homes sector. Based in Paddock Wood, they are seeking a talented and experience part- time PR & Copywriter to join their ranks.
As a tight-knit team, their ethos is very much towards encouraging a positive work/life balance and rewarding hard work. This ensures staff produce their very best work in this supportive and friendly environment.
As a Part Time PR & Copywriter you will be resonsible for the following:
About the role
- You will be able to write engaging press releases, write brochure copy, as well as identifying suitable imagery or videos to accompany them
- You will generate and pitch ideas, securing news coverage, features and product placement across a range of publications and media types
- You will have creative ideas for bringing in new business and you will research and stay ahead of the trend for new PR ideas for clients
- You will stay ahead of important industry and national news and find ways to relate these to your PRs
- You will be comfortable maintaining relationships with journalists in local, national and trade press and creating new ones, updating our journalist contact databases
- You will use your relationships to media relate stories when needed, as well as try and use your influence to the benefit of our clients
- You will have an impeccable eye for detail and be able to spot and minimize mistakes in copy
- You will be able to create PR reports for clients explaining the value of the work undertaken
- You will work with the wider team on certain elements of your work and, where necessary, delegate to / receive work from others
You’ll be a proactive and creative thinker who isn’t afraid to champion your ideas through to implementation and completion. In addition, you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience, either in a PR/communications, as a journalist or press officer role
- Experience of defensive PR and crisis communications strategies
- High-level English writer and speaker, ideally with a Grade B or above at A level or further qualifications. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Creative mindset and can-do attitude
- Computer savvy (IMac, Photoshop, Wordpress and all Microsoft Office programmes)
- A thorough understanding of different media forms (print/online/social)
- The ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people and to creatively “sell” a story
- Strong project management skills – you can handle multiple projects at once in an organized manner and can structure your time given competing priorities
It would be a bonus if:
- You have already established relationships with local/national journalists in Kent/London particularly in the housebuilding sectors
- You have a specific qualification in PR such as Bachelor Degree in PR/Communications or CIPR
- You have knowledge of the housebuilding and/or construction sectors
Salary details: Circa £400 per week based on 2 days - this is flexible depending on hours.
How to Apply
Please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided and the hiring company will be in direct contact.