Management Accountant/ Financial Analyst/ Financial Controller
Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
The Company has unlocked a potential new route to scalable fusion power that is cost-effective and does not require huge infrastructure and capital expenditure. The technology could revolutionise the world's energy production - it will be possible to produce more energy, more cheaply and with fewer harmful side effects (e. long term nuclear waste or carbon emissions). They aim to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies - spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors.
The company's innovation has been featured on Channel 4 news, BBC News Click, Reuters internet news channel and they received a Technology Pioneer Award at the World Economic Forum. This is the chance to join a fast-growing high technology company with an agile, dynamic team.
Person and Job Specification
Due to the increasing pace of development of the business, the Company is recruiting a Management Accountant reporting to the Financial Controller. You will be critical to the smooth running of the Finance function.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Preparation of management accounts, including associated reports and commentaries, within month end deadlines
- Production of annual forecasts and budgets
- Preparation of draft annual financial statements under IFRS
- Support FC with Audit
- Line management of Purchase Ledger Assistant and PL function and minor SL function
- Challenge existing processes, implementing improvements to financial systems, processes and controls
- VAT return, Intrastat and other statutory reporting
- Other ad hoc relevant tasks as required
- The successful applicant will be a confident finance professional, ideally with experience in a similar role
- You must have an exceptional attention to detail and naturally be very organised, along with a methodical approach
- You should be able to demonstrate a proactive, can do approach
- You should have great communication skills, with the ability to business partner effectively
- A general interest in technology businesses, fusion or engineering would be beneficial
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Any other Relevant Information
As is typical with many roles in a finance department, the taking of annual leave during completion of month end close processes will be restricted to some degree.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Management Accountant, Group Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Financial Analyst, Finance Controller, Finance Manager, Credit Controller, Financial Accountant, SAGE, Accountant, Management Accountancy, Finance Accountant, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, Senior Accountant, Credit Controller, Payroll Accountant may also be considered for this role