Despatch Assistant Manager
DESPATCH ASSISTANT MANAGER
NEW HOLLAND, NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE
39 hrs per week (Day shift)
Our client, a leading timber importer and manufacturer is looking for an energetic and motivated Despatch Assistant Manager who has proven management / supervisory experience within a despatch, warehouse, logistics and/ or transport environment.
Purpose of Role:
To manage the operations of picking, marshalling & loading activities to ensure that loads are dispatched on time, in full, damage free, safely and in the agreed sequence. Second line management of loading team to ensure a cost effective and efficient operation that supports the attainment of agreed service levels.
Despatch Assistant Manager responsibilities to include:
- Manage and report on productivity to maximise productivity levels.
- Manage and report on individual and departmental performance.
- Develop, support and coach the team.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure timely loading.
- Maintain standards of health and safety in the yard / onsite, PPE, Incident reporting / investigation and near miss reporting.
- Investigate errors and causes of lost time (employee discussions and investigations).
- Liaise and work cohesively with other departments.
- To maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and collaborate with colleagues to resolve problems.
- Promote engagement, communication & cohesive working within the department.
- Minimise side loader downtime.
- Manage QC processes to ensure loads are dispatched in full and safely, minimising the use of white notes.
- Driving continuous improvement and project delivery.
- Ensure sufficient resource is available in line with operational volumes, holiday, absence and overtime.
- Deputising for Line Manager.
Skills & Attributes:
- Experience in a Transport / Logistics / Warehouse environment.
- Supervisory/Management experience.
- Qualified/willing to study towards level 5 ILM Management (or equivalent).
- A confident, enthusiastic, approachable and flexible team member.
- Has a proactive and ‘can do' attitude.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Ability to build good working relationships.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Proactive problem solving.
Closing Date for applications - 9th March 2018
Providing you have proven despatch experience and are working in a supervisory or managerial role within warehouse, despatch, logistics or transport, we want to hear from you.
Locations that would be commutable for this role include New Holland, Hull, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Barton Upon Humber, Brigg, Immingham, Beverley, Market Rasen
Apply for Despatch Assistant Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly