Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker
Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker
Full time and Part time positions available - West Hampshire - New Forest, Eastleigh & Winchester
Salary - £18,501 pro rata Permanent Contract
Availability - immediate
YOU are a provider of Support, Care and Advice Services. We work alongside people to gain the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is an amazing opportunity for a person who is passionate about delivering excellent services to join our highly motivated and innovative team.
We are recruiting for a Domestic Violence and Abuse ( DVA) Worker. The DVA Workers are part of a team providing practical and emotional support to women, men and children experiencing domestic abuse across the county of Hampshire. The successful applicant will cover the West Hampshire areas of New Forest, Winchester and Eastleigh. A car for work is essential for this post.
DVA Workers are proactive in offering support to people living in crisis accommodation and for people living within their own community. DVA workers have an interesting and varied work load and as well as direct client work - lead on assessments, drop ins, campaigns, awareness raising events and group work.
We are looking for a person who has experience of:
* living, working or volunteering with male and female victims of domestic abuse
* risk management, needs led assessment and support planning
* homelessness legislation and welfare benefits/welfare reform
* working effectively in partnership with others
and who can:
* be person centred at all times
* work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and clients which will include evenings and weekends (as required)
* act with integrity, be trustworthy and treat people with dignity and respect
* remain calm when dealing with a crisis or emergency
* ensure all support paperwork, process and risk assessments are completed systematically within the service timescales, confidential and in plain English
* ensure clients are at the forefront when making decisions about service design and delivery
* work to raise awareness of the service, produce good publicity materials, develop and maintain excellent relationships with people both within YOU and externally, and be an ambassador and champion for our work
Our clients have told us that they want the post holder to:
* be approachable but also firm and fair
* listen to the client, work with the client
* always be realistic with clients, be honest and patient
* but mostly be HUMAN
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we're keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don't delay, contact us today! Click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role. If your skills, experience and knowledge meet our requirements the recruiting manager will contact you to talk more about the role and ask a few key questions to ensure this is the right opportunity for you. Please note we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment, so don't delay.