Pre-Sales Solutions Architect
Pre-Sales Solutions Architect
Job title: Pre-Sales Solutions Architect
Technical knowledge: Telecoms / Networking / Servers / UC
Benefits: Salary £33,000 + Car
Our client is a UK communications development and manufacturing company serving the critical communications market around the world. The company is a market leader, well established and growing. There is now a requirement for a Pre-Sales Solutions Architect to join the team.
This position is mainly office based combined with visits to Customer sites and occasional overnight stays. The successful candidate with be well presented, have excellent communication skills and be customer facing.
You will have a background in 1st/2nd line IT, Technical or Engineering support and the more technical experience in areas such as IPT, UC, SIP, deploying Microsoft Server/Active Director, common network technologies, MDM the better. A technical degree or industry qualifications (e. CCNA, MCSE, MSA, MTA, MCP) would be a plus. Any Pre-Sales or Sales Support experience is beneficial. Overall the client is seeking a good blend of technical and commercial experience.
Responsibilities include: To provide pre-sales technical expertise to the New Business Team, promoting the companies Solutions and Applications as the Business Development team seek to position the company within new vertical markets. Focused on solution sales, with a view to integrate existing technologies to meet project needs. This will include working with the Development Team, i-Message Specialists and Product Management to share feedback from the Market to guide product roadmaps and future developments
Key functions include:
1. Working Directly with the New Business Team supporting pre-sales activity including, but not limited to physical product demonstrations to prospective clients, creation of use case examples, demonstration videos and system specifications to meet specific project needs including supporting Visio Drawings with equipment lists.
2. Primarily focus is on supporting the New Business Team, including the Marketing Function as well as the Business Development team, however there may be occasions when support will be required elsewhere in the business. This support will be subject to prior approval from the Director of Strategic Partnerships
3. Point of Technical expertise leveraging existing engineering and IT knowledge to promote the company offering, internally, externally and during customer facing meetings
4. Leverage Technical expertise to support competitor analysis, bid management team, and pre-sales activities
5. Ability to present key requirements for future enhancements/development through the existing company internal process, to successfully support both commercial and development sign off
6. Customer facing professional supporting the delivery of proof of concept demonstration systems and presentations, including customer hand-over training for key projects as identified by the Director of Strategic Partners