Trainee Production Technician
Positek is currently looking for a trainee technician to work within our small skilled team assembling our high performance position sensors.
Some experience of working in a similar role may be an advantage but we have had great success training people with no relevant working experience.
Once fully trained, the job will involve:
· Assembly of small parts using presses and various types of adhesives
· Winding coils on to formers using a computer controlled winder
· Soldering very small surface mount components
· The use of some workshop tools such as grinding wheels and belt polishers
· Testing the sensors at various stages using computer controlled test rigs and ovens
· Labelling the sensors using an etching machine
· Ensuring that the sensors perform to the specifications
· Ensuring that the appearance, fit and finish meet our high expectations
· Completing production work orders
The successful candidate will need to have a keen eye for detail, good manual dexterity, good numeracy and be computer literate. You will be responsible for each job from start to finish and will be required to ensure that the sensors meet our customer’s high expectations.
We provide a pleasant and relaxed working environment and the Job is varied and challenging.
Positek is located in Andoversford, so you will require your own transport.
Our working hours are 8:00am to 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 8:00 to 12:00 on Fridays
If you are interested, please click apply and send us your CV.
Quarterly bonus scheme becomes payable upon completion of training.
No agency calls please.