We have a rare opportunity for a self motivated individual to join the Engineering Team as a fully skilled Mechanic based at our Vehicle Maintenance Unit in Swindon.
Monday to Thursday 20.00 - 04.30 (1/2 Hour Lunch) (8 hour day) and Friday 20.00 - 03.30 (1/2 Hour Lunch) (7 hour day)
As a fully skilled Mechanic you will work as part of a team in a busy environment and be responsible for ensuring that no vehicle leaves the workshop in an unroadworthy condition, this will be achieved through:
- The diagnosis and repair of vehicles to minimum Dept of Transport standards and in line with the Company preventative maintenance programme
- Complete relevant documents for all work undertaken including reporting to the Line Manager Road testing of vehicles (where qualified to do so)
- Taking or accompanying vehicles for Dept of Transport test as required (where qualified to do so)
- Ensuring the correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards Carrying out any other duty deemed reasonable by Management
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in prioritising a busy workload within a similar environment and due to legislative requirements needs to have a high attention to detail.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Full Cat C Licence, C&E preferred but not essential
- Previous experience within a similar role
- City & Guilds parts 1 & 2 or equivalent in commercial vehicle repairs