Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Revenue Analyst to join the team based in Thame. You will work on a full time, permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary of up to £23,000 per annum
This role is an entry level position and a great opportunity to develop a career in Revenue Management. You’ll help optimise Revenues for one of the fastest growing companies in the UK and be given relevant training to progress and develop into a Revenue Manager who looks after the pricing for a portfolio of hotels.
What you will be doing as our Revenue Analyst:
- Manage the inventory, and set the pricing for group bookings requests for the relevant market in line with business processes and guidelines, which currently uses the IDeaS Revenue Management System.
- Support the Revenue Managers with ensuring that all hotels have appropriate inventory on sale; including liaising with various departments to ensure that offline rooms are kept to a minimum in key locations.
- Support the Revenue Managers and IDeaS Revenue Management System with tactical rate decisions.
- Support the Revenue Managers with rate loading into the IDeaS Revenue Management System.
- Producing a variety reports for the Area Revenue Team to assist them with appropriate pricing decisions.
- Accountable for maintaining smooth running of Travel Trade business with sales worth over £6.5m per year. Controlling the allocation of inventory available to Travel Trade clients.
- Planning and support of contract re-negotiations with Travel Trade clients.
- Co-ordinate and chair bi-weekly Travel Trade meetings making recommendations on how to maximise sale opportunities.
- Supply reports on Travel Trade client usage for key stakeholders.
- Support the relationship between Revenue, Groups and Travel Trade Teams ensuring SLA’s are maintained.
- Undertake any adhoc analysis required by the Area Revenue Team
What we’ll expect from you as our Revenue Analyst :
To succeed in the role, you’ll bring your natural desire to work in a fast paced, analytical, customer focused environment. You’ll be comfortable building relationships and supporting the wider team.
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent prioritisation and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast moving environment
- Flexible and able to embrace change to meet the varying needs of the business
- Proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic, personable, competitive and energetic
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages. Trained to intermediate level in Excel would be ideal
What you can expect from us as our Revenue Analyst:
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support center means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role of Revenue Analyst then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!