CNC Operators (Wood working) To operate the llatest 3,4 & 5 axis Homag CNC Machinery
There is an exciting opportunity at Starbank for a full time employee at our production site on a permanent contract.
Due to continued growth and new market opportunities we are looking to recruit additional highly skilled & enthusiastic CNC Operators to further strengthen the existing production team. There are job opportunities on both Morning & Night shifts, working on a variety of latest Homag / Weeke CNC machines.
Main duties to include:
- Select relevant programme listed on the job sheet, set machine & tools according to the parameters of the programme.
- Check and verify programme, make any necessary corrective adjustments.
- Proactively seek efficiency and quality improvements where possible.
- Ensure product meets quality and tolerance specifications, report non-conformances immediately.
- You will be working to tight deadlines and be involved in quality inspections.
- Carry out safety checks & emergency stop checks prior to commencing production.
- Reporting of any Health & Safety issues immediately to H & S department.
- Daily completion of various compliance documentation (safety, quality etc.).
- Communicate effectively with the CNC Supervisor and colleagues.
- Log all production activities on WiPS system.
- Reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses to the H & S department.
- Report any faults or machinery defects to the CNC Supervisor & the maintenance engineers immediately.
- Ensure that you comply with Starbanks General House Rules.
- Ensure that at all times you wear the correct PPE that has been provided to you.
- To ensure that your work area remains tidy, safe, well maintained and well organised.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Working knowledge of the latest ‘WoodWop’ software
- Capable of reading and understanding CAD drawings
- At least 2 years experience working on Homag or similar modern CNC machines
- Confident in operating and programming a CNC machine
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Working to a high level of accuracy and quality, working to tight tolerances
- Health & Safety Awareness and experience
- Experience of 5S lean initiatives advantageous
- 5 axis experience advantageous
- Loyalty/ Co Operation/Punctuality.
- Enthusiasm/Commitment/ Confident
- Willing to participate in the development of new products and processes
Full training will be provided.
Hours of work -
Permanent morning shift - Monday – Thursday = 06:00 - 14:00, Friday = 06:00 - 12:45 39 hours
Permanent night shift - Monday – Thursday = 20:00 - 06:00, 40 hours
Rate of pay -
Permanent morning shift - £10.26 - £11.33 per hour (depending on experience / qualifications) for those aged 21 and over.
Permanent night shift - £11.37 - £12.80 per hour (depending on experience / qualifications) for those aged 21 and over.
Benefits: 33 days holiday including bank holidays and shutdown period at Christmas, enhanced company contributions to individual pension schemes, Health Cash Plan, Death in Service, additional holidays awarded for long service are among some of the benefits at Starbank.
If you feel you have the qualities to succeed in this position then please apply in writing with your CV and Cover Letter to the Human Resource Department or email.