Every Year our teams deliver up to 150 million items through our network. Having the largest individual share of the national market and employing nearly 9,000 people in the UK there is no better time to join The People Network. So if you’re interested in working for a company that sees our people as our biggest asset then TNT could be for you!
We have a rare opportunity for a Workshop Manager within Fleet Engineering at our Vehicle Maintenance Unit at Rotherham. The successful candidate will be working alongside the existing team to build their knowledge and understanding of the role and responsibility for the vehicle maintenance unit.
As Workshop Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all vehicles satisfy Department of Transport (DOT) standards for roadworthiness, the VMU achieves targeted key performance indicators (KPI’s) in line with TNT UK business objectives and ensure the smooth and efficient running of allocated VMU’s on a day to day basis. Responsibilities include:
- Visiting each location and any subcontractors within the territory on a regular basis
- Ensuring all company Preventative Maintenance and Service Schedules are adhered to
- Ensuring all necessary reports and paperwork are prepared
- Road testing vehicles (where qualified to do so)
- Ensuring correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
- Ensuring personal protective clothing/equipment is worn in accordance with TNT’s Health & Safety policy
- Ensure that all HASAWA/Legislation/Security Procedures are adhered to and that good housekeeping is maintained
- Ensuring the team provides a high level of internal and external customer care
- Maintaining communication between traffic departments and the VMU
- Ensuring no vehicle leaves the VMU in an unroadworthy condition.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience of running large vehicle maintenance units
- Full knowledge and understanding of the vehicle maintenance industry
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Knowledge of TNT’s policies and procedures
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate relevant experience to support the skills, knowledge and behavioural requirements identified above.