ASHBY DE LA ZOUCH TOWN COUNCIL
Job description – Groundsman
£18,070 = £9.392ph
Job title: Groundsman
Reports to: Head Groundsman.
Job purpose: To undertake grounds maintenance and landscape duties under the control of the Head Groundsman.
- The creation, marking out setting up of playing surfaces. Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, maintaining flower beds and other garden features as and when required. Lawn maintenance and cultivation. Prepare and plant rockeries, herbaceous borders and shrubberies.
- Grass cutting, hedge cutting, minor tree work. Checking the play equipment and other external facilities on a regular basis. Sweeping footpaths and external entrances on a regular basis or as directed. Checking and maintaining boundary fencing / other fencing on a regular basis. Cleaning and maintaining directional signs when necessary.
- Drive vehicles and equipment as required for grounds maintenance operations. The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery. The use of cylinder and rotary mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers. Adjustments of mower height and quality of cut, etc. Oil level checks and checks for damage to any mower. Inform Head Groundsman or where appropriate, take corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment.
- Ensure vehicles and equipment used by self and work group are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements. Monitor the use of consumable items and spares and make arrangements for their replenishment
- To ensure all equipment, machinery and buildings are secure. To keep the tool shed/mess room clean and tidy. The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in grounds maintenance.
- To keep the borders, thoroughfares and footpaths clear and free from litter at all times.
- To empty waste bins around the parish.
- To respond to emergency calls when required to do so.
- To carry out gritting, salt spreading, snow clearing around the parish when required. Assisting in the clearance of ice and snow when necessary.
- Assist with the erection and dismantling of sports equipment.
- Assist with grave digging as required.
- Health & Safety: Understand and ensure the implementation of the Council’s Health & Safety policy. Report any faulty appliances, damaged equipment or any potential hazard. Promote safe working practices.
- Assisting the Head Groundsman with various clerical duties including record keeping and safety documentation.
- Hold a valid driving licence and any other necessary qualifications for the use of grounds maintenance equipment.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out other reasonable tasks by management when necessary. Training will be provided where necessary.
If you're interested please apply with the application form and send it to our inbox by clicking on the apply button, thank you.
Closing date 23rd of February