Product Assembly and Quality Technician
Product Assembly and Quality Technician (previous applicants need not apply)
Our client was founded in 1946 in Nottingham, UK, with the goal to supply laboratory equipment to the local pharmaceutical industry. Today, still family owned and managed, our client is recognised as the world’s leading manufacturer of inhaler test equipment, in addition to being a trusted provider of test instrumentation for other pharmaceutical dosage forms.
Due to their continued success over the years, our client is now looking for an enthusiastic individual to come and join the team as their next Product Assembly and Quality Technician.
Summary of Position: To assemble company products to the desired quality standards, at the right time. To ensure that all assembled instrumentation is ‘fit for purpose’ and issued with all the necessary documentation and fittings prior to release for despatch to the customer.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities :
- Basic mechanical assembly
- Basic electrical wiring connecting, soldering and simple wiring loom production
- Serialising of products and entering product data into serial number database
- Printing instruction manuals and supplementary documents for release with goods
- Accurate completion of Calibration/Validation Certificates as required by the pharmaceutical industry
- Factory Acceptance Testing of finished Copley products, including electrical PAT Testing
- Performing fault finding and carrying out repairs to products as and when required
- Calibration and configuration of equipment against reference standards
- Scanning and archiving of documents electronically.
- Stock and materials management including assisting with stock counts
- Assist with writing of work instructions for assembly, quality control functions, calibration and testing
- Continually ensuring all products conform to high quality standards.
- Must be aware of duties relating to Health and Safety and work in a safe manner at all times
- Must work in continued adherence to the established ISO9001 Quality Management System
- Responsible for communicating any quality related issues to Line Manager in a timely manner
- To actively seek Continuous Improvements in all activities carried out
- Any other duties deemed capable of carrying out by Line Manager
Specific Skills, Abilities and Knowledge required for the position:
- Must have experience of mechanical/electronic product assembly in a similar role
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions
- Experience of using measuring equipment (including use of digital micrometer/pressure gauge)
- Knowledge of basic mechanical procedures (i.e. thread tapping, pneumatic fitting assembly)
- Knowledge of simple component level PCB population / modification
- Basic computer literacy (i.e. edit/print MS Office word document)
- Meticulous in approach to work and documentation produced
- Self starter who is calm under pressure in a busy, fast paced working environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others
- Willing to learn quickly and document their working procedures when required
- Able to work alone or as part of a team in a demanding and work intensive environment
- Physically fit and capable of lifting and moving heavy laboratory equipment
- Confident, flexible and willing to change duties to meet changing demands of the company
- Willing and capable of learning new skills
Location: - Nottingham
Salary: Circa 25k per annum- dependant on experience
So if you feel that you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in a copy of your CV today by clicking on the APPLY button below to be part of this exciting opportunity.
Keywords: Product Assembly, Assembly Worker, Warehousing, Technician, picker, Quality Technician, Production Operative, Engineering