Casual Facilities Support Assistant
Casual Facilities Support Assistant
Salary: £8 an hour in line with the Living Wage
Working hours: This is a casual role covering holiday/sickness/extra events at the centre. The role entails lone working
Location: St Paul's Learning Centre, 94 Grosvenor Road, St Pauls, Bristol BS2 8XJ
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 14 February 2018
Interview date: Monday 28 February held at St Paul's Learning Centre
The casual Facilities Support Assistant (FSA) plays an important and responsible role at St Pauls Learning Centre. In this role you will be responsible for helping the centre to function effectively, keeping it clean and tidy, ensuring rooms are set up appropriately and in good time, and that users' technical needs are met.
The role can often entail lone working, covering the Centre in the evenings and at weekends due to increased events and conferences. We require extra support, along with covering holidays/sickness/training etc. Due to the nature of the role, the casual FSA has no fixed working hours and we therefore require the casual FSA to be flexible and available, sometimes at short notice.
The main duties are:
* Covering the reception desk and being the first point of contact for visitors and building users,
* Answering phones and directing calls to other colleagues or tenants,
* Acting as point of contact for tenants with queries / problems to report, establishing and maintaining excellent communication with tenants and centre users to ensure their satisfaction with the building and services, directing them to the appropriate tenant organisation or meeting room,
* Using the computerised room booking system to check availability and ensuring all bookings are set up and the appropriate facilities are available for each meeting and for the following day,
* Assisting with administration duties as and when required.
* Carrying out porter duties,
* Setting up conference, training and meeting rooms,
* Providing Audio Visual and Information Technology support for centre users,
* Undertaking non-specialist DIY repairs and maintenance,
* Making sure waste and recycling are managed well within the centre.
* Tidying communal areas, arranging furniture and ensuring the Centre is clean and tidy,
* Carrying out re-decoration and small repairs that do not require specialist training both for the communal areas and for individual tenants,
* Ensure the building is safe, pleasant and that the services are functioning,
* Testing fire alarms and evacuation drills,
* Compliance with Health and Safety legislation,
* COSHH awareness (regulations regarding hazardous substances),
* Ensuring notice boards are kept up to date and relevant.
Other responsibilities include:
* Making suggestions on how to improve management and delivery of maintenance and services to tenants, how to achieve the company's social and environmental objectives, etc.,
* Working to improve the company's social and environmental objectives,
* Attending company-wide events outside of Bristol such as Equality and Diversity training, the annual employee conference, Company Induction etc.,
* Other duties as required, in line with the role.
Essential skills and experience:
* Excellent customer care with a commitment to provide a good service to our tenants and building users
* Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office software
* Practical DIY skills, e. painting, putting up shelves, willing to do 'a bit of everything'
* A positive and flexible can-do attitude
* To be able to cope with pressure calmly and to be able to assert themselves confidently
* To be trustworthy, personable, punctual and reliable
* To be a team-player and a good communicator
* To maintain a professional standard of presentation and communication with colleagues and tenants at all times
* Health and Safety awareness
* Some knowledge and interest in social and environmental issues, particularly recycling
* You are able to recognise when you need to seek guidance from your manager or another colleague
* An understanding of Equal Opportunities
Desirable skills and experience:
* You have previous experience in a similar role
* You have some knowledge of and interest in the social and environmental performance of buildings, particularly in relation to energy and water use, recycling, green commuting and accessibility.
We require a casual FSA to be available to cover holiday/sickness/training/extra events at the centre, working occasional hours as required. Working hours will vary according to the workload of the Company's business. We endeavour to provide as much notice in advance as reasonably practicable (normally not less than 24 hours) of the hours you will be required to work. For further information please read the 'Casual Roles Policy Statement', located on the careers page.
Benefits include pro rata; 25 days holiday entitlement rising to 28 over time, in addition to all public bank holidays. We also offer a 3% to 7% company contribution to a pension, 2 x salary death in service benefit, a free company bicycle scheme with bicycle maintenance costs, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, interest free personal loans, as well as other benefits.
Please click 'Apply' and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.