Assistant Finance Manager
Due to the company’s new group status and the formation of 3 new subsidiary companies an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Finance Manager to join our accounts team.
The main purpose of this newly created role will be to assist with all aspects of the groups accounting function, both routine and ad-hoc. We can offer the successful candidate an excellent career with a real involvement in developing the accounts function of a multi company organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Provide support to the Sales and Purchase Ledger team with complex issues and when cover is required.
- Upkeep, development and maintenance of multiple spreadsheets
- Bank reconciliation
- Nominal ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of management accounts
- Helping to identify and implement process improvements
- Checking and promoting adherence to group processes and policies
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally be AAT qualified or above although non-qualified candidates with significate experience will be given equal consideration
- Be capable of managing their own workload
- Be able to contribute to the overall development of the accounting function
- Have outstanding IT skills including excel and have a strong aptitude to grasp new technologies
- Be highly capable, motivated, enthusiastic and have the ambition to learn and progress
- Have a flexible, willing, "can do" approach, keen to undertake a challenge and enjoy problem solving
- Have good inter-personal and communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive expanding local company.
The post is being offered on a full-time or part time basis, with part-time working a minimum of 24 hours a week. We can offer the successful candidate some flexibility on hours and days to be worked.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the role requirements and with your salary expectations to: email@example.com