A Residential Block Management company who look after over 900 estates across the UK has a requirement for a Building Surveyor to join their growing team in Hemel Hempstead. The company have developed strong relationships with local councils and private developers, with the entire estate managing circa 50,000 properties in total.
About the Role?
The role is based in Hemel Hempstead but due to the requirements of the position, will require travel across Southern England & Wales to visit site. You will be providing an inhouse surveying service to their managed portfolio and be responsible for:
- Undertaking Health & Safety & Fire risk assessments on individual Estates, ensuring compliance is maintained.
- Managing small refurbishment & redecorating schemes, completing Contract Administration on these projects.
- Inspecting and reporting upon building defects that have been reported by residents, and implementing remedial works.
- Attending snagging meets at handover from developers.
- Provide technical advice to internal management and in-house legal team.
This role will be suitable for a qualified Building Surveyor or someone who is currently undergoing APC training. The director is an APC Assessor and the company can offer strong support in becoming MRICS as well as obtaining the NEBOSH qualification, if you don't already possess one.
Strong communication skills are required to be successful in this position along with being able to write concise reports and being able to work independently. In return, the client can offer strong career development opportunities to Senior Surveyor level along with a generous package which includes Car Allowance, Pension & Healthcare schemes.
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Property, Legal & Engineering Sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your next career move, call us for a confidential chat.
Please see our website for more jobs.