Regional Sales Trainer-Plymouth/Exeter
Regional Sales Trainer- Plymouth/Exeter
£competitive + benefits + company car
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join the UK's largest publisher of regional newsbrands as part of the Commercial Training Team. You will be a confident communicator in order to engage well with your audience and influence at the highest level, ensuring the needs of all your stakeholders are fully understood and met. It is essential that you deliver training and development to commercial roles in a way that supports them in growing their understanding of the Trinity Mirror audience and the products they sell across a range of print and digital platforms.
This post will be based in either our Plymouth or Exeter office but due to the nature of the role travel will be required across Devon & Cornwall.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia publishing companies employing more than six thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
- To provide a professional and cost effective sales training and development service to the business
- Successfully manage the region's media training agenda, delivering high quality programmes to support the commercial agenda
- Demonstrate a broad commercial understanding and use knowledge to support the development of sales people and managers to enable them to sell audience using all TM products.
- Stay at the forefront of commercial market developments and maintain an advanced understanding of the digital marketplace making recommendations for training to ensure that TM stays ahead of the competition and market trends.
- Continually update, develop and deliver the commercial training plan in conjunction with sales managers and commercial / digital director to ensure that the needs of the business / departments are being met.
- Support the Induction and early training requirements for new starters within the businesses - organising and delivering a full Induction program organising internal training resources for delivery as required.
- Work in collaboration with sales manager follow up on progress and coach new inductees throughout their early months with the company as required.
- Acts as a coach to local Sales Managers to ensure that the principles of training delivered in Sales programmes becomes part of daily life by giving them materials and tools to assist the coaching and development they offer to their teams on the job.
- Have a clear understanding of the businesses commercial opportunities and works with local management teams to identify training needs putting measurable development plans in place.
- Work with the business where new products, services or systems are being implemented into sales functions ensuring that training delivered supports, guides and develops staff.
You will have previous experience working in a fast-paced sales environment along with a keen interest in coaching and developing commercial teams. Alternatively, you may already have a proven track record of working in a commercial training and development role and be looking for your next challenge. It is essential that you are business astute and possess a strong understanding of modern sales practices, models and principles as well as understanding how the commercial digital world operates. To be successful in this role, you will be responsible for facilitating large groups of sales people of varying levels, managing group dynamics and presenting in a clear and engaging way.
In return we will invest strongly in your own development and provide you with all the tools needed to enjoy a successful career in L&D.