£Excellent + Quality Car
John Martin-Hoyes Limited are building and civil engineering contractors involved in all aspects of construction work.
John Martin-Hoyes Ltd is part of the JMH Group of construction related companies enabling it to offer a complete 'in-house' design, build and construction service to its clients across all building and civil engineering disciplines.
We have a vacancy for an Estimator / Quantity Surveyor, mainly office-based working for a privately owned company in Lincoln. Dealing with both private and public-sector clients your Estimator and QS knowledge will be key to ensuring that every project is delivered on time and on budget. You will be responsible for delivering a range of interesting and diverse projects up to £5 million in value, both new build and refurbishment. You may come from a consulting or main contracting background or you may have progressed from a junior estimating position and be looking for the next challenge and a step in your career.
Experienced management and supervisory staff ensure the company meets its responsibilities and obligations in relation to CDM and Health & Safety, both in its role as Principal Contractors and, if required, CDM Co-ordinator.
Key Estimator responsibilities to include:
- Preparation and submission of tender proposals
- Production and management of accurate estimates, including subcontract enquiries, cost monitoring and preparation of valuations and final accounts
- Management of sub-contractors
- Working closely with clients, commercial and contract delivery teams
Key Estimator/QS specification:
- An experienced Estimator / QS from a construction background
- Relevant Degree / HND qualification
- RICS accredited or equivalent is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Methodical style of working
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team working ethic
- CSCS Card Holder
The role offers an excellent career move for the successful candidate, along with the opportunity to work within a progressive forward-thinking company. An excellent salary package and a quality company car will be offered.