Legal Assistant: Job Description
Pure Legal Limited is currently seeking an applicant to fill the position of Legal Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out administrative services, including liaising with clients, the court, counsel and third parties; sorting and distributing the post and providing support to the fee earning team. The ideal candidate for the position must have a strong work ethic, strong problem solving skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Administrative duties such as making copies of documents and answering and directing phone calls;
- Assisting fee earners with various aspects of the day to day running of cases;
- Managing diaries and organising conferences with clients and counsel;
- Corresponding with counsel, the court and clients;
- Organising case files and compiling court bundles;
- Assisting with accounting functions and billing;
- Using the firms case management system;
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.