Senior Reporter - Derby
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Derby Telegraph as a Senior Reporter.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Local World, as part of the Trinity Mirror Group, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multi-media companies, employing more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
You'll be working for the Derby Telegraph in print and online to produce interesting content and drive audience numbers.
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays, a competitive pension and an extensive flexible benefits portfolio.
- Creating engaging, compelling and shareable digital content which is appropriate for the needs of our community
- Producing text, video and photographic packages
- Driving digital audience growth
- Using analytics to inform content decisions, creating content around what is trending among target audiences
- Utilising social media to spot and generate stories, broadcast content and engage with our audience
You'll have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use your skills to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by the business in terms of quality, consistency, accuracy and legal compliance. What you need to know