Are you looking for a new finance role in the Newcastle area? Do you have at least 1 year's experience in a finance environment? If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about this excellent opportunity!
Working for a public sector organisation in Newburn you'll be providing support to the regional financial management team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to fulfil this role, which will include;
- Reviewing budget report information including the preparation of journals and budget statements where required
- The provision of advice to budget holders, ensuring compliance with corporate policies/guidance and highlighting any best practice
- Working with regional staff to promote improvement of payment performance in line with statutory requirements
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with a wide range of staff and stakeholders including finance colleagues and budget holders.
- Production and maintenance of records and working papers to an auditable standard
To succeed in this role, you will;
- Have a good academic background and at least 1 year's experience in a financial environment
- Possess problem solving skills, with the ability to determine the best course of action
- Have the ability to provide and receive complex and sensitive information
- Able to work well as part of a team, and prioritise own workload.
This is a Monday-Friday full time temporary role with an expected duration of 4 months initially, and we are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Get in touch today!