LEGAL SECRETARY LOCATION: CORNWALL
START DATE: IMMEDIATE SALARY GBP16,000 - GBP18,000 (dependent on experience)
This is a really great opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary to join a successful and progressive practice that allows the candidate the chance to undertake additional training and development as the role grows.
Some responsibilities of the role will include:
* Audio typing and copy typing of memos, correspondence and legal documentation
* Dealing with clients both face-to-face and over the telephone, taking accurate messages and following up on agreed action.
* Diary management and arranging appointments
* Management of email accounts
* Effective file management supporting the fee earner as required
* Ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to
Essential Key Skills:
* Legal Secretary experience (minimum one year)
* Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills
* Excellent copy and digital audio typing skills (minimum 60 wpm)
* Excellent written/verbal communication and organisational skills
* High standard of customer service skills in order to deal with queries from internal and external clients in a professional, polite and considerate manner
* Self motivated and able to work on own initiative with a good understanding of the need to prioritise
* Time Management skills demonstrating the ability to work to deadlines whilst ensuring a high standard of accuracy and strong attention to detail
* Flexibility in meeting client demands in both the nature of work undertaken and working hours
* Ability to contribute in a team environment supporting other secretaries and fee-earners as appropriate
* Confidentiality at all times
Applicants will be given an exercise to complete at interview to demonstrate the above essential key skills.
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency.