Transport Administrator / Waste Transport Operations Assistant
Job Title: Transport Administrator
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum depending on experience
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company offers a range of products and services designed to help businesses across the UK manage their resources and waste in a more sustainable and compliant way. They are currently recruiting for a Transport Administrator to work from their head office based in Brentwood, Essex.
You will be working closely with the Transport Manager to ensure the effective operation of the Transport function and ensuring that a cost effective and efficient service are provided to ensure maximum profit and customer satisfaction.
You will also be responsible to ensure a business wide best practice, and knowledge sharing culture is actively embraced.
- Processing driver's daily paperwork incoming and outgoing
- Inputting drivers holiday onto spreadsheet
- Ordering of PPE & Uniform when required, monitoring
- Monitoring driver's driving time and working hours - Tachographs and Digi Cards
- Data input of weekly KPI's & Vehicle Costing Information
- Arranging & booking of training courses for drivers
- Attend monthly driver's meeting and produce minutes
- Record driver's lateness and absenteeism in partnership with Transport Manager
- Registering and de-registering vehicles for inclusion on insurance cover, Dart Charge & Congestion Charge
- Preparing driver's weekly wages spreadsheet in partnership with Transport Manager
- 3 monthly driver licence checks - DVLA
- Weekly review and reporting of Driver's Working Time and Fuel Log
- Updating wall planner
- Raising of Purchase Orders
- Undertake any reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
Skills and Experience required:
- An understanding and/or experience of waste transport operations is desirable
- Experience in managing a fast-paced administration function in a high-pressure environment
- A very personable 'can do' attitude
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PC literate with excellent working knowledge of IT systems, Microsoft Office suite
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Transport Administrator, Transport Assistant, Logistics Administrator Logistics Assistant, Waste Transportation Administrator, Waste Transport Operations Assistant, Waste Transport Operations Administrator may also be considered for this role.