Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
Due to their continued growth, they are now looking for an experienced Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to join them.
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Role:
As the Senior Supplier Quality Engineer you will be expected to interface with development and supplier engineering to provide materials and components for company product manufacturing.
You will communicate product specifications to suppliers and assesses supplier's ability to meet engineering and quality requirements. In addition, the Quality Engineer will evaluate suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provide feedback in assessment of their operation. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver strategic direction in effectively developing the supply chain.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Supplier Quality Engineer:
- Ensure advanced product quality planning compliance throughout the product maturity cycle
- Perform supplier audits
- Evaluate supplier capability and quality management system assessments and recommend improvement actions to address gaps
- Exceptional problem solving/avoidance capability
- Effective cross-functional collaboration to achieve supplier performance target
- Manage supplier performance data and metrics and champion improvement initiatives (i.e., ppm reduction, zero defects, return to green)
- Manage and maintain supplier ratings, monitor monthly performance and recommend actions to reward top performing suppliers and identify, improve or remove poor performing suppliers
- Develop risk mitigation plans for poor performing suppliers
- Monitor ASL and SQE supplier assignments to ensure sufficient coverage across supply base
Skills & Experience Required:
- Must have a positive, proactive attitude to work, be self-motivated, and have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Previous experience in a Supplier Quality Engineer role in an Engineering Environment (preferably automotive or aerospace)
- Experience with New Product Introduction responsibilities desirable
- Experience with ISO 9001, AS9100 and ISO14001 standards also desirable
- Trained Auditor to ISO9000
- Higher National Diploma or Degree in Engineering/Science discipline
- Proficient at interpreting Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Drawings
- Clean Driving Licence
- Lean and or Six Sigma experience would be an advantage
In return, the Senior Supplier Quality Engineer can expect;
- Excellent salary - £45,000 - £47,000 (Dependent on Experience)
- Pension plan
- Fantastic career opportunities
If you are interested in this Senior Supplier Quality Engineer position, simply apply via the button shown.
Candidates that do not receive a response within 21 days should assume that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keywords: Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, Quality, QA, Strategy, Strategic, Planning, Supplier, Automotive, Aerospace, Salfords, Reigate, Surrey
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Apply for Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly