Coaching & Development Manager
Coaching & Development Manager
Reporting to: Recruitment Director
Department: FISH4JOBS Recruitment Advertising
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 plus £6,000 bonus potential per annum
Hours: Full time but would consider part time or contracted hours for the right candidate
About the Company:
Trinity Mirror plc, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia publishing companies employing more than six thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
We feel it’s important to have a good conversation around our customers’ needs to fully understand which bespoke solution is most likely to yield the best candidates. We do this in a number of ways through our core brands such as our National website fish4jobs.co.uk as well as our network of our local websites such as bristolpost.co.uk & Gloucestershirelive.co.uk, we offer social solutions using Facebook and Instagram along with Pay Per Click Advertising on Google, we have over 100 local newspapers around the country such as the Bristol Post, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo and Cardiff Echo to name just a few.
About the Role:
An exciting and rare opportunity for the right person has come up in the department and we are looking for a Coaching & Development Manager to join our lively Recruitment Advertising Sales Department.
The core responsibilities of the Coaching & Development Manager are to train, coach and develop the 25 salespeople within the department through classroom, on the job and side by side training sessions. The sales department has three sales roles, Key Account Managers, Sales Consultants & New Business Hunters, all are telephone based.
You will be responsible for driving and delivering the full spectrum of Learning and development at both an operational and strategic level. Working closely with the Sales Director to ensure our people are developed to enable the business to achieve its overall strategy and work closely with the Sales Managers to ensure each individual received appropriate training and development to suit their individual needs.
What we are looking for:
You will be a successful sales person who demonstrates the desire to be the best, you will have a keen understanding of the different learning styles and various coaching models and have put them into practice in a sales environment. You will have the ability to have some difficult conversations with people in order for them to make positive improvements in both performance and their personal development and above all you will want to see people shine.
You will also have a creative training style that helps communicate complex information to both new starters and experienced salespeople. You will have the creativity and attention to detail to put together various product knowledge and sales skills training sessions. You will be great at keeping up to date and detailed notes on any training sessions completed and work with the managers to agree action plans. You will also know how to analyse training/coaching needs on a regular basis to ensure the skills gaps are closed and appropriate support is given.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and Delivering Induction programme
- Be part of the team with a hands on approach and demonstrate the consultative sales process
- Champion new products and packages and roll out training sessions to the department
- Coaching and mentoring new starters when they first join the department
- Create, manage and implement a coaching strategy for existing salespeople
- Delivering systems training, including CRM and internal booking systems
- Keep all training material up to date
- Keep records of training delivered and follow up action plan
- Analyse best call of the month or best improved individual
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a variety of Sales disciplines – Key Accounts Management, New Business Sales & General Telephone Sales
- You will have previous experience working in a fast paced sales environment along with a keen interest in coaching and developing commercial teams
- A minimum of two years as a team leader, sales manager or training and development coach
- Experience in a similar media business
- Experience in print and digital advertising sales
- Writing & delivering training material
- An understanding of the recruitment market
In Return we offer:
- Five weeks holiday & optional extra holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Healthcare Insurance plans
- Company pension
- On site restaurant
- Training and development
- Car parking space
- Quarterly bonus
If you are interested in applying for this position please send both your CV and a covering letter by following the instructions below
Closing Date: 14th February 2018