Project Manager (Schools)
Project Manager: Swindon. PFI Projects
Leading, expanding, £multi-million SPV & Asset Management co currently looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager for Education/Schools PFI projects in North Swindon.
Project Manager will be primarily based at Swindon schools but will eventually be required to work on other projects based in the West of England.
The PM will assist the SPV General Manager in managing the delivery of projects, this will also involve managing the relationships between the clients, users and the service providers, specifically in the areas of:
• Project management of Variation and Life Cycle works
• Management and resolution of Construction Defects
• Protection of Project Company investment
• Maintenance of records and preparation of reports
1. Provide technical input to the life cycle and contract variation activities as required.
2. In conjunction with Asset Management Team, ensure that lifecycle and maintenance costing of variations is appropriate and consistent with contractual obligations.
3. Ensure that appropriate consents and approvals are obtained prior to works commencing, including when appropriate, lender and statutory approvals.
4. Advise on the administration of any FM change orders / variations.
5. Advise on any risks and impacts relating to implementation of variations and lifecycle works.
6. Provide ongoing management, contract administration and delivery of project(s) on behalf of project owners.
7. Provide accurate, relevant and timely information for individual project boards and project meetings.
8. Maintain awareness of developments in project and programme management and communicate examples of good and bad practice.
9. Provide guidance and make appropriate appointments in relation to CDM2015.
10. Ensure sustainability issues and opportunities are addressed initially during the project identification stage and are reported on throughout project life.
11. Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with H&S, environmental, quality management and commercial requirements.
12. Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Proven experience in project management and life cycle works including all aspects of process development and execution in a high profile, high volume environment
• Procurement of lifecycle works subcontract packages
• Managing works subcontract packages experience
• Knowledge of Facilities Management and Maintenance service delivery gained in a practical setting
• Experience of working within Education and Healthcare environments.
• Experience of Whole Life Costing
• Understanding of the relationship between client, SPV and service provider
• Proven record of Project delivery
• Relevant building services experience
• Worked in a PFI environment
• Lead and managed staff or service providers in either a direct or indirect setting
• Computer literate across the Microsoft suite and project management software packages
• Ability to solve problems in complex environments
• Good communication skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understandable and persuasive manner. Including excellent written and presentational skills
• Strong report writing skills
• Strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to use initiative and manage situations effectively, with minimal supervision
• Degree level education or equivalent relevant experience
• Professional Membership appropriate to qualification.
• Relevant professional qualifications in respect to maintenance and/or building services.
In return for your skills & experience you will receive a base salary of up to £60,000 base + comprehensive Benefits package.
Please send your CV (Word not PDF please) + Covering Letter to Tony Timmins, Executive Search Consultant.