Position: Manufacturing Engineer (Fixed Term Contract – 24 Months)
Location: Salfords, Surrey
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Benefits
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
Due to their continued success, they are now looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join them.
The Manufacturing Engineer Role:
The Manufacturing Engineer has two primary focuses;
- Manage an extensive Cost Reduction program which will positively affect manufacturing, installation and service
- Act as the Manufacturing Engineer to support machine assembly
Key Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Managing the Cost Reduction program, delivering US$90k saving per system, over 2 years. These savings will flow through from manufacturing to installation and service
- Liaising with Operations and Supply Chain to manage the introduction of cost reduction changes
- Providing project, programme and financial updates to management
- Supporting shop floor process with manufacturing expertise
Skills & Experience Required:
- Project management and design for manufacture
- Six sigma/Lean engineering and operations
- Mechanical/CAD design
- Experience of manufacturing in a low volume, high cost manufacturing sector
- Some sheet metal experience - IDEAL
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
- Masters degree in Manufacturing highly desirable
- Knowledge of X-ray systems would be ideal but not essential
In return, the Manufacturing Engineer can expect;
- Excellent salary - £40,000 - £50,000 (Dependent on Experience)
- Pension plan
- Fantastic career opportunities
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineer position, simply apply via the button shown.
Candidates that do not receive a response within 21 days should assume that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keywords: Manufacturing Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical, CAD, Sheet Metal, X-ray, Six sigma, Lean, Project Management, Salfords, Reigate, Surrey
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.