Night Reception Team Member
Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Night Reception Team Member to join the team based in Gatwick Airport Travelodge. You will be on a full time permanent contract, working up to 40 hours per week with a highly competitive salary of up to £8.63 per hour.
Night Team Member
As a member of our hotel team, you will be making sure every customer who stays with us has a great experience from the moment they arrive, to when they leave. Working nights, you will sometimes be working on your own and your overall purpose will be to make sure our guests sleep soundly knowing they are safe and secure.
What you will be doing as our Night Reception Team Member
- Delivering a great customer experience at every stage of our customer journey
- Welcoming our late customers to the hotel – checking them in and allocating the right rooms
- Listening to customers, managing any requests or issues with genuine warmth and interest
- Working together with your colleagues to make sure you deliver consistently great service – writing a clear handover for the next shift
- Keeping your team and customer safe by following health and safety procedures, including regular fire and safety walks during each shift
- Keep your line manager up to date with any problems and follow up where necessary
- Supporting with cleaning rooms or supporting other colleagues where necessary
- Follow cash and banking procedures
- Set up housekeeping trolleys ready for the next shift to brand standards
- Set up breakfast items to brand standards, ready for the morning shift
- Serve and cook food as appropriate (bar café only, or where snacks available)
- Patrol the hotel at regular intervals, ensuring guests have a good night’s sleep and internal noise is kept to a minimum
- Set up the hotel, ready for the next day’s trade
- Pre-empt problems before they arise and resolve promptly when they do
What we’ll expect from our Night Reception Team Member
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate a genuine passion for customer service and be comfortable working on your own. You will be confident dealing with difficult situations that may arise during the night shift and able to make decisions about when to escalate. You will need a good understanding of the English language and be able to understand and communicate clearly with your colleagues and customers.
Due to the nature of this role and the possibility of lone working, this position is only suitable for those over the age of 18 years due to Health and Safety regulations.
What you can expect from us as our Night Team Member
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity
Reward and Recognition
You will earn £7.50 per hour (for day workers, 15% more for night workers) and you can also expect to enjoy room and food discounts and friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and Development
You can expect full training in your role and you don’t need previous experience to join us. We have transparent career paths at Travelodge and you get to choose how far and how fast you want to go. Our Aspire Programme recognises everyone is different. If you want to develop towards managing your own hotel, Aspire Traveller is a structured training and development programme.
If you feel you are the right candidate for our role of Night Reception Team Member then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!