Digital Learning Producer / UX Designer / Front End Producer
Job Title: Digital Learning Producer
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Salary: Grade 6 - £28,662 - £32,782 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 2400 hours on 7th February 2018
Interview Date: Interviews will be held on the 5, 6 and 8 March 2018
The Fire and Rescue Service has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Digital Learning Producer to join their newly formed Digital Learning Team.
Working as part of the Learning and Development Team, the postholder will support the department in meeting its vision to deliver engaging and inspiring modern learning solutions. The position is based at their Service Training Centre in Maidstone, however occasional travel may be required.
The successful applicant will develop engaging e-learning solutions that meet the latest instructional design and media standards, and will conceptualise ideas into strong visual stories with emotion and flair.
- Ability to conceptualise ideas into creative solutions and be responsible for specific storyboarding, design and development of digital technology
- Create in-house interactive eLearning and blended learning solutions using a range of effective multimedia technologies to create engaging content
- Ensuring continuous improvement of digital learning resources by keeping knowledge updated on learning technologies, eLearning concepts and developing own skill sets
- Develop engaging eLearning solutions that meet the latest instructional design and media standards
- Work with internal technical experts and the Learning and Development Team to identify and agree how existing content can be converted into learning for our employees and ensure that all training resources are refreshed and updated.
- Ensure that the eLearning and other technology learning solutions meets the needs of a variety of learning preferences
- Analyse learner responses to the eLearning packages and other technology solutions to improve and develop those programs working with colleagues within the Service
- Supporting the maintenance, administration and development of the organisation's Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle)
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders within Kent Fire and Rescue Service, product sponsors and subject matter experts
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of how to produce a high standard of instructionally sound and clear content appropriate to the subject matter and the intended learning outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of user experience design, including front end user interface and user journey design
- Knowledge of emerging trends and best practices for digital content creation
- Strong grammatical skills to write, edit and proof-read quality written content; with attention to detail and with the ability to spot design flaws
- Skilled in the use of a range of software, including Microsoft Office (e. Office, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), eLearning authoring tools, and Adobe Creative Cloud applications to create digital content
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a wide range of people to influence positive outcomes
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve department and organisational objectives
- Educated to degree level relevant to eLearning/computer science or a related field
- Digital learning content development/practitioner experience
- Proven experience of producing a range of interactive eLearning/blended learning solutions
- Experience of producing a high standard of instructionally sound and clear content appropriate to the subject matter and the intended audience
- Experience of scoping, writing, editing and publishing learning content
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the CAREERS PAGE.