Junior Pensions Administrator
A superb opportunity has arisen for a Pensions Administrator / Actuarial Technician within an actuarial consultancy and pension administration practice based in prestigious offices on Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull.
Atkin & Co are currently looking to recruit a new member to join their team of committed professionals who provide clients with the best possible service.
This is a unique role with the opportunity to work in all aspects of pensions. As we have a flat management structure you would be working with Actuaries and other senior members of staff from day one. We all work together as one team and believe in training our staff well so that they are able to take on responsibilities and deal directly with clients and members as early in their careers as possible.
The role will primarily focus on day to day pension administration. You will work across a wide range of schemes, with involvement in monthly tasks and projects. Tasks will include:
- Carrying out pension administration tasks and calculations accurately and in accordance with internal processes
- Draft correspondence and reports
- Speaking to members and answering their queries
- Ensure client work is processed in a timely manner and within target dates
- Prioritise work to ensure service level agreements are maintained
The role also provides the opportunity to experience working within our actuarial team. Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting client-facing advisory activities through producing accurate actuarial calculations for example for scheme funding valuations and accounting disclosures
- Interacting and developing relationships with clients
- Preparing and checking data, ensuring appropriate audit trails are in place
We believe in continuous learning and opportunity. Gaining experience in both pension administration and actuarial work can then help you to decide which career path to take. We will support you with the route that you wish to pursue by offering a range of study support packages, including for the PMI exams or an appropriate actuarial qualification. We can also tailor your on the job training, along with more formal training, to your individual career aspirations.
Key skills for the role are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
- Quick learner
- Keen and enthusiastic to take on a variety of roles
- Good attention to detail
Candidates should be educated up to A Level standard including grade B in a maths-related subject (e.g. maths, economics, physics)
If you are interested in this role, please contact with a copy of your covering letter and CV.