1 day left
- Full Time
Reporting to: IT Development Manager
Salary: £25-30k pa + benefits
The Developers role is to carry out activities related to the ongoing development and support of the suite of applications in use by the business - deployed as both WPF and ASP solutions on an MSSQL Database platform. The Developer will also be responsible for ensuring that all systems are maintained and supported using departmental governance techniques around project management, project delivery, change control and reporting.
* Ongoing development and maintenance of the application suite.
* Diagnosis and resolution of system, database access and performance issues.
* Coordinate and work with other technical staff to devise and develop solutions and bug fixes to any eventualities arising.
* Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to the codebase.
* Ensure all developed code meets business and performance requirements and confirms to coding standards and governance.
* Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
* Manage the application development in support of business operations.
* Identify and resolve program errors.
* Provide technical updates to the Development Manager.
* Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to software products.
* Liaise with network administrators and trainers/testers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
* Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
Knowledge & Experience
* Microsoft SQL Server SQL & TSQL (Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers) development.
* Microsoft development stack ( / ASP / C#)
* Experience of report development using RDL / RDLC
* Good understanding of AJAX, SOAP & JSON
* Good knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
* Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Good listening and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Sitting for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
* Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
This Job Description describes the key result areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.
In order to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to continue your application. Please ensure you include details of your current remuneration package.
Apply for .NET Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly