Office Supervisor – Come and Join a Zoo
Office Supervisor – Come and Join a Zoo
Are you an engaged, organised and enthusiastic office manager, head receptionist or lead administrator eager for something more? Could you thrive as the Office Supervisor for a zoo? If so, read on.
First opening at our permanent home in 1969, Newquay Zoo is home to over 1,000 of the world’s most endangered animals.
Now part of the Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust, we form a key part of south-west conservation alongside Paignton Zoo and Living Coasts in Torquay.
We’re proud to support overseas conservation programmes, helping conserve endangered species including red fronted macaws, pangolins and sloths. We also boast our own pride of lions and a group of Capybara.
To maintain our back-office functions and ensure our zoo can run smoothly, we are now seeking an Office Supervisor to join our team.
The Benefits (after your probationary period):
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- 28 days’ paid holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 days after 5 years
- Company sick pay
- Branded uniform provided (as required)
- Relevant internal and external training provided
- Free entry to our 3 zoos for staff and immediate family
- Discounts in our Catering and Retail outlets (as applicable)
- Childcare vouchers
Our zoo is a wonderful place to visit, learn and experience for every member of the family, old and young. It’s also a unique and exciting place to work - imagine turning up for work each morning and strolling past some of the world’s most exotic animals on your way to the office.
Your role will be key to our success as a visitor attraction and a zoo as you will co-ordinate several back-office functions that will keep our zoo running. What’s more, you’ll discover huge variety in your work and the chance to give something back to the planet in terms of helping conserve incredible animal species.
So, if you are looking to progress your administration career in a direction with just a little more excitement, a few more teeth and an amazing backdrop, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As our Office Supervisor, you will be tasked with co-ordinating the reception office, managing the reception team and ensuring that all guests have an amazing time at Newquay Zoo.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- General reception and admin duties
- Managing the reception staff rota
- Fielding incoming telephone calls and directing them appropriately
- Responding to emails
- Overseeing the zoo radio
- Managing the mail
- Booking and managing zoo experiences
- Ordering stock
- Controlling lost property
To be considered for the role of Office Supervisor, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar office and/or reception management post
- Staff supervisory experience including producing rotas
- At a minimum, a Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification in administration (or similar)
- A proactive, organised approach
- Effective IT, communication and guest services skills
Other organisations may call this role Office Supervisor, Office Manager, Reception Manager, Senior Administrator, Office Administrator, Administration Manager, Senior Receptionist or Head Receptionist.
The closing date for applications is Monday the 7th February 2018. Interview dates will be confirmed further into the process.
Webrecruit and Newquay Zoo are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next administration challenge and are looking to get your teeth stuck into something a bit different as an Office Supervisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.