Flood Risk Consultant
Flood Risk Consultant
Location: Brighton (Falmer)
About the Brand and Company
Our client is a leading flood risk and flood modelling consultancy. From their inception over 15 years ago they have grown to become a renowned global leader in flood modelling and flood risk.
Their UK consultancy team are dynamic, innovative and dedicated to ensuring their clients achieve the best possible outcomes. The primary work is supporting Private Developers (small and large) as well as supporting Councils and Government in better understanding Flood Risk and Surface Water Drainage. They make the complicated simple. The team is made up of Chartered Engineers and Environmental Consultants who boast a wealth of experience having worked in the field and office based consultancy.
About the Role
Due to the continued success and growth of the company they have an exciting opportunity to join their existing team as a Flood Risk Consultant.
You will become a key part of the existing consulting team; the successful candidate will have an enthusiasm to develop their career in the water/ environment sector. Our client is looking for someone who is hard-working, well-organised, motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, the right candidate will be to work independently or as part of a team and can communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with colleagues and clients alike. Client care is important to the company and they encourage regular communication with their clients so that they are involved in the project process and potential implications of what they are seeking to achieve.
The work is fast paced, and our client supports ambitious individuals in progressing their career whilst providing exposure to all aspects of the business.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Understanding the requirements of both new and existing clients
• Providing telephone consultation on flood and environmental risks
• Producing written flood risk assessments for planning and other purposes
• Authorising the reports produced by junior/graduate consultants
• Offering guidance to junior/graduate consultants
• Assisting the Consultancy Manager when required
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this role you will hold a Minimum BSc degree(s) in geography, environmental management or engineering and have a good technical background with at least three years proven industry experience.
- Experience in supporting clients from initial conception stage through to finished design drawings
- Working on FRA specifically in supporting planning applications for at least 2 years
- Knowledge of UK planning policy (NPPF / TAN 15 / SPP / PPS15)
- GIS knowledge
- Bid Preparation
- Client Liaison
- Working toward CIWEM / ICE or ambition to achieve such accreditation.
If you are interested and your credentials match the requirements, please apply with your CV ASAP.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.