Administration and Communications Officer
1. General office administration, including
- Providing admin support to the Charity’s projects as required.
- Handling enquiries by ‘phone, mail and email.
- Receiving donations to the Charity; managing members’ subscriptions; receipting, thanking and keeping records up to date.
- Providing administrative and practical support for social events and fund-raising
- Ensuring Policies and Practice Guidance Documents are regularly reviewed and updated on the website.
- Collecting timely information from colleagues in order to produce Quarterly newsletters and an Annual Review.
- Purchasing and managing stock of office supplies and refreshments.
- Ensuring that the office is maintained in a safe, clean and tidy state.
2. PA support to the Chief Executive, including:
- Researching fundraising opportunities from charitable organisations and preparing simple fundraising bids.
- Supporting the development of appropriate written communication for people with learning disabilities.
- Taking minutes as required
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Compiling reports for Companies House and the Charity Commission as required.
3. To manage, control and process data confidentially and in accordance with statutory regulations.
4. Managing the relationship with Croydon Mencap’s retained ICT provider, photocopier provider and web-site provider to ensure effective and efficient services are provided.
5. Actively liaising with colleagues to collect and collate material for Croydon Mencap’s website and social media accounts, administering, creating and regularly posting content to promote and maintain Croydon Mencap’s positive profile and to promote its campaigns.
6. Carrying out all aspects of Human Resource administration including placing adverts, preparing papers for recruitment, tracking applications – staff and volunteers; processing DBS and health checks and maintaining records of staff leave, sickness, training, probation reviews and annual appraisals.
7. To be the Office Fire Marshall and First Aider
8. To manage the office cleaner and book contractor’s (gardeners, builders, plumbers etc.) as required to undertake work at Portland House.
9. To provide a listening and compassionate ear to people with learning disabilities that visit or call the Charity in times of need, ensuring that they receive a prompt and appropriate response, particularly in response to safeguarding concerns.