Monitoring Manager – Fixed Term Contract: 6 months.
Leading, expanding, £multi-million SPV & Asset Management co currently looking to recruit experienced Monitoring Manager to cover PFI Health care projects in Newcastle upon Tyne
Summary of responsibilities:
Management of the improvement of FM Services Delivery by Service Provider
PFI FM Services Improvement
• Ensure the delivery of, and compliance with, the Cure Proposal, and Service Performance Improvement Plan (FM Services), Service Audit reports, and any additional action plans.
• To work with the third-party FM provider to identify and implement service improvements.
• Manage service provider staff in delivery of service improvement activities.
• Provide “best practice” advice and guidance to FM provider team.
• Undertake detailed reviews of service delivery practices, and formulate and implement corrective actions and activities.
• Promote ownership of service delivery improvements with the entire FM Service Provider local team.
• Provide coaching to the FM Management team on sustainable service improvement activities and techniques
• Work closely with SPV team colleagues, acting upon information provided from SPV monitoring and reporting activities.
• Identify lessons learnt and ensure these are communicated to the relevant FM provider staff.
• Provide routine update reports and briefings on progress against Service Improvement objectives.
• Measure and report performance improvement against, Contract, Payment Mechanism, Improvement Plans, etc.
Board, Client, and Funder liaison
• Ensure effective liaison with the Project Company Board, Lenders and their Technical Advisors as required in support of FM Service Improvement Activities.
• Attend Board meetings to discuss FM service improvements, providing information, receiving feedback, and taking ownership of actions agreed.
• Liaise with Project Company Directors as required.
• Attend meetings with Trust client in relation to service delivery and improvement
• Liaise with key client staff in researching and understanding service delivery issues.
• Liaise with General Manager and SPV staff to share knowledge and best practice so that adequate policies and procedures are in place to ensure that obligations and responsibilities are met across the project.
• Provide professional Hard FM management support and advice to Project Board, and the SPV Project team to minimise risk/liabilities.
• Support the SPV General Manager and the SPV team in the facilitation of best practice in FM Services and contract management.
• Proven experience working with complex FM contracts and Project Agreements in PFI projects in a health setting or similar complex environment
• Proven experience in delivering FM Services within a Health Environment.
• Good general understanding of the funding and contractual structure of PFI projects
• Successfully managing relationships with stakeholders such as Project Company Boards, funders/lenders, sub-contractors and the Local Authorities at a senior level
• Management of performance monitoring regimes ideally with both Hard and Soft FM
• Working with detailed contractual/statutory/legal documents and ensuring compliance
• Provision of advice and guidance to other parties on key risk management matters
• Experience of implementing, monitoring and updating systems and processes to manage complex contractual matters to ensure compliance with rights and obligations
• Ability to interpret information and to undertake complex analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a cohesive risk assessment
• Ability to identify key information and report it in a timely and appropriate manner
• Demonstrated leadership and effective team management experience, both for direct report teams and in an interagency setting
• Proven experience of building strong working relationships with other stakeholders whilst ensuring that the best interests of the projects are promoted and maintained
• Demonstrated commitment to professional and personal development ensuring up to date continuous knowledge of legislative and statutory changes
• Proven experience of conflict resolution.
• Excellent attention to detail and report writing skills
• Problem solving skills in a complex inter agency setting
• Able to work systematically to achieve deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication and confident interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understandable and persuasive manner
• Proficient in the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and presentational software and the ability to work with new systems
• Professional in approach, outward looking and confident
• Self-motivated and committed
• Relates easily to staff at all levels
• Promotes effective team work, shares information widely
• Perceived by others as open and approachable
• Ability to build and manage relationships across a variety of stakeholders
• A professional qualification in management or a related discipline, to degree level or equivalent would be strongly preferred
In return for your skills & experience you will receive a base salary of up to £80,000 pa (pro-rated)
Please send your CV (Word not PDF please) + Covering Letter to Tony Timmins, Executive Search Consultant.