15th February 2018
Main job functions Note: in addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Retherm are a renewables installation company installing ground and air source heat pumps, solar PV, solar thermal, underfloor heating, electric vehicle charging points and battery storage.
You will be required to carry out site inspections/surveys to establish supply requirements, installation of a variety of renewable heating products including power supplies, sensors and controls, underfloor heating control centres and thermostats.
Working on a variety of sites including domestic and commercial you will be required to work on your own initiative and will be responsible for the timely and effective completion of any work.
Installations are generally in the Midlands and North Wales, however, travel further afield will be required from time to time as will overnight stays.
A company van will be provided as will tools and equipment.
It is intended to employ an Apprentice Electrician who will work alongside the Electrician.
- Site surveys to assess electrical requirements.
- Installation/connection of renewable technologies.
- Installation of Underfloor Heating controls including thermostats.
- Connection of Solar PV and Battery Storage.
- Installation of Electric Vehicle Charging points.
- Installations will include single and three phase power supplies.
Internal / External
- Report to the operations manager.
- Work with the Retherm Installation team.
- Liaise with DNO as required.
- Liaise where necessary with customers and suppliers.
Key Qualifications and Experience
Qualified Electrician with valid electrical qualifications including NVQ, 17th edition and City and Guilds. Minimum 3 years’ experience as an electrician in domestic and/or commercial environments.
Although experience in the installation of renewable technologies would be an advantage it is not a necessity. Training will be provided as required.
Full clean driving licence.
Salary, Hours and Holidays
TBC dependent on qualifications and experience
8.00am to 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday
8.00am to 4.00pm Fridays
23 days (3 to be taken at Christmas at the company’s discretion)