We have an opportunity looking for a Design Engineer (Current Products) to join our team based in Thame on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including Company pension scheme, single private medical cover, child care vouchers, and life assurance.
Lucy Electric is a global leader in Secondary power distribution with over 100 years’ experience, specialising in High performance Medium voltage switchgear, with manufacturing sites in Dubai, Thailand and India and offices in nine countries. We have over 1200 employees and a worldwide base so working for Lucy has many benefits, other than working for a well-established Family business you will be exposed to a wealth of Engineering knowledge from all over the world.
About our Design Engineer role
Current Product Design Engineers are agile and flexible, often they have to think on their feet. If you’re applying for this role, you excel not just technically, but also in your ability to collaborate with your colleagues. More than other engineers, you take the lead in making engineering decisions, estimating project time frames, and managing sub-tasks. You should be an advocate for engineering excellence with attention to detail.
Responsibilities of a Design Engineer include:
- Generate drawings and bill of materials for our production facilities
- Create new options to meet our customers’ needs
- Provide engineering support to all engineering departments, production facilities, customers and suppliers.
To become our Design Engineer you must be able to:
- Interpret customer requirements and internal specifications and produce a detailed design using 3D CAD (NX Unigraphics would be preferable). Delivering drawings and bills of material to the factory and customers.
- Work with global manufacturing on urgent issues regarding design and production to produce solutions to everyday problems.
- Produce new designs of specific options & trial them through the prototype department before launching them.
- Liaise with customers, sales, contracts and global operations constraints.
- Take on tasks and projects in support of current product engineering, eg. Product improvements and ECR’s
- Thrive in a high pressure and developing environment. The ability to continuously improve standards & quality of the department.
Lucy Electric is the perfect company if you would like to develop and meet your long term career goals. Why not click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join our business as a Design Engineer.