Number on Roll: 420 Group size 3
L17 – L23 – Required for September 2018 – Permanent, full time
Following our Headteacher’s decision to retire in 2018, the governors, teachers and pupils are seeking to appoint an exceptional individual who possesses an understanding of, and a vision for, primary education in a 21st century setting.
- We are a ‘Good’ school with aspirations to achieve ‘Outstanding’ status
- We are a UNICEF Rights Respecting School having attained the Level 1 award
You would need to be:
- A committed leader with a proven record of raising standards and successful whole school improvement.
- Someone with a passionate desire for excellence and the ability to be a role model with regard to developing and communicating the school’s ethos and vision.
- A self-motivated, innovative individual with high expectations who is able to inspire and support others.
- Dedicated to maintaining and enhancing partnerships with pupils, parents, governors and the wider educational network.
- Someone with a proven record of accomplishment in raising standards at a time of educational change and financial challenges.
- Someone with a desire to advance the school to the next level, building on current achievements.
You would benefit from:
- A ‘Good’ school with an inclusive family orientated school ethos.
- A welcoming and vibrant learning environment in modern well maintained buildings.
- A successful school with happy, enthusiastic, engaged and well behaved pupils who enjoy learning.
- A skilled, multi-disciplinary team who support pupil and family learning.
- A highly competent and dedicated staff who share best teaching practice.
- A pro-active and supportive governing body.
- A sound financial footing with first class budgetary control.
We welcome visits to the school of prospective applicants. Please contact the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Closing date - Noon Monday 5/2/2018
Shortlisting - Tuesday 6/2/2018
Interview date - Tuesday 20/2/2018
Hawthorn Tree School has adopted the principles of safe interviewing and safeguarding and is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure process.