Family Support Worker (P/T)
Family Support Worker
£17,222 – £23,428 pro rata (£10,472 – £14,246 pa), 22.5 hours per week
Part-time, Maternity leave cover until February 2019
Gloucester, GL1 5JA
Barnardo’s have been successfully running children’s services in Gloucester since 2010. Building on this success, Barnardo’s has been commissioned by Gloucestershire County Council to deliver a Targeted Family Support service for local families with children aged 0-11yrs. This service forms an integral part of Gloucestershire County Council’s Early Help offer and runs from 6 designated Children and Family centres across the City – Kingsholm, Finlay, Linden, Matson, Bartongate and Tuffley.
We are looking to recruit a part-time Family Support Worker to join our outreach team. This is a 22.5 hours per week maternity leave cover until February 2019.
The main duties of the role would include:
- Work one to one with vulnerable families to reduce inequalities between those in greatest need and their peers.
- Facilitating the delivery of targeted support groups and parenting programmes.
- Competently and accurately recording observations on case management systems with an awareness that information you supply may be used in legal proceedings.
In addition, candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of:
- Working with parents with specific vulnerabilities that impact on their child/ren; including (but not limited to); low income, domestic abuse, substance misuse, anti-social and/or criminal behaviour and transient families
- Assessing complex safeguarding and welfare issues for children and vulnerable adults.
- Child development across the ages, with a particular emphasis on children with additional needs, disabilities, specific educational needs, adult and child mental health and those with protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010
- Evidence based practice and the ability to apply this to inform practice.
Barnardo’s is a national organisation and as such uses generic job descriptions and person specifications in their recruitment. In order to demonstrate your abilities when completing your application form, please ensure you refer specifically to the information included in the additional information.
For further information and to apply, please click on the apply button to be redirected to our website.
Closing date: 12 February 2018.
Barnardo’s Registered Charity Nos 216250 and SC037605.