Our client has been providing highly effective building services and technical FM solutions within the UK since the business was created in 2004. Their core services include improving energy efficiency, troubleshooting technical problems, strategic management of service contracts, design, specification and project management.
They currently provide a wide variety of building services duties for building engineering services including: electrical engineering services, HVAC, public health, life safety systems, controls, lifts, escalators and cradles along with hard and soft FM technical support to clients and contractors. They are currently recruiting a CAD Technician - based out of their head office in Birmingham, for clients across the UK. This is an exciting and rewarding pivotal role within a growing organisation who’s core value is providing a high quality service to their clients.
Position Summary – CAD Coordinator
Your primary role will be to assist the engineers by coordinating space layout drawing information, typically received from: architectural, structural and the wider design team members; strip these down to use as backgrounds for 2D design drawings and receive the design engineer’s marked-up designs/alterations and produce CAD drawings using AutoCAD 2017 2D & 3D to industry standard conventions.
- Ability to receive architectural, structural and space layout drawings from the widerdesign team members and strip these down to be used as backgrounds for 2D design drawings
- Receive the design engineer’s marked-up designs/alterations and produce CAD drawings using AutoCAD 2017 2D & 3D to industry standard conventions
- Typically 3 - 5 years practical draughting experience in the building services industry
- Competent in the use of AutoDESK Revit – with relevant training
- Experience in building services (MEP) coordination
- Effective control of information received and registering drawing issues
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel and office suite
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) at all levels to maintain good relationships externally with the client and the design teams
- Must be able to work independently and flexibly, using initiative to solve problems,
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient at time management
- The ability to work with a team of technical specialists in a professional, friendly and confident manner
- Ability to maintain and develop client relationships with a clear customer focus and drive to deliver a high-quality service
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Practical working knowledge as a BIM Coordinator working for either engineering design consultant or contractor.
- Knowledge and experience of CAD integration into a business or project.
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence to enable them to travel to Client’s sites if required
This is a full-time position offering long term prospects for the successful candidate to develop a successful career as the company continues to grow. The role will enable the successful applicant to progress their training and develop their experience and expertise by joining a growing company in an interesting and engaging sector with the opportunity for future progression.
This role would be based in the Midlands, although the role would involve working with a diverse range of organisations including many Blue-Chip companies across the UK.
The role will require 37.5 hours per week usually between the hours of 9-5.30 (with an hour for lunch) but will require candidates to be flexible in their hours of work when required.
- £30K -£38K per annum depending on experience
- Permanent health insurance and life care (not health care)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Support to improve relevant qualifications and/or with relevant chartership body.
To apply for the role please attach your CV and covering letter to the link provided explaining why you think you would be suited for the role.