IT Systems Analyst
HH Associates Ltd has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Systems Analyst. Based at our offices in Leatherhead the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide infrastructure support on all server and system related issues and maintain the existing infrastructure, investigate and implement new technology; implement new services and fully manage existing platforms to agreed business service levels.
- Provide seamless post-implementation project BAU support to the business by managing and achieving contracted service levels and committed deadlines.
- Provide escalation support for Google G-Suite platform.
- Take lead in root cause analysis to avoid reoccurrence of the same / similar system and network issues.
- Manage and co-ordinate all IT assets to comply with the business and company standards/policies and procedures and ensure that software license compliance levels are adhered to by using the software inventory systems.
- Provide technical assistance to the Information Security and Risk team to help strengthen our cyber security defenses and reduce the number of threats and vulnerabilities.
- Provide knowledge sharing and training to the team and the junior members to ensure the professional handover of implemented projects.
- Working closely with all IT members / contractors / service providers to ensure a consistent approach is used for all IT projects and support issues.
- Prioritisation of tasks ensuring workload is managed and task conflicts resolved.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and support continuous improvement initiatives under direction of the Head of IT Service Delivery.
- Recommend and ensure that resilient solutions have been implemented to provide professional disaster recovery capabilities for our IT systems.
- Adhere to best working practices as defined by industry standards and HH Global policies.
- Recommend areas of improvement in existing IT systems including consolidation, centralisation or additional initial investment that leads to long term company savings.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Must have 3 to 5 years proven hands-on technical BAU support experience in larger environments with demonstrable experience in a similar role ideally within digital marketing and creative production services sector
- Must have experience of hybrid G-Suite / Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft networks, including - but not limited to - Active Directory, Exchange mailbox administration, DNS, group policies; Knowledge of NTFS and share permissions, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, VPN devices; Wi-Fi technologies; Citrix; VMware infrastructure.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008-2016 infrastructure ideally at MCSA level.
- Some PowerShell scripting / automation skills
- Some experience with asset inventory system such as SNOW.
- Microsoft Windows Server MCSA certified or equivalent.
- Technical background and educated to degree level or equivalent within technology background.
- Good general level of education with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics.
- Customer Focused: Goes beyond quality, delivery, reliability and consistency - involves focusing one’s efforts on finding what a customer needs, before the customer themselves are even aware. Using this information and addressing and meeting the requirement.
- Results Focused: Ensuring you are a finisher as well as a starter; it involves measuring and monitoring progress and keeping an eye on the bottom line. It is important that when the change of pace is intense, distractions do not take over, and initiatives started are completed.
- Team Player: Commitment to the organisations’/ departments’ common goal, a focus on what is best for the business rather than suits the individual. It involves communicating, sharing and supporting and it goes much further than meeting others half way, it is about putting effort into building good working relationships, taking the initiative when others are slow and not being put off by negative responses.
- Achievement Drive: Wanting to do the best possible job to improve the performance of the business and the competitive position of HHG in the market place. Always looking for a better way to get things done and puts plans into practice. If improvements can be made, inadequacies will be questioned and actioned.
- Information Seeking: Keen interest, curiosity and desire to know more. This involves more than asking the standard expected questions, it requires pressing for exact information that may be able to be used in the future.
To apply for this position, please send an up to date and complete CV and cover letter to Chris Mayne.
Posting date: 15 January 2018
Closing date: 15 February 2018