Job Title - Packaging Consultant/ Field Sales (Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire)
Reporting to - Sales Manager
Main Responsibilities - To achieve monthly Sales and Gross Profit Targets.
- Monthly review Sales and Gross Profit against Target
- New Business
- Selling all types of Packaging.
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
1. Ensure customers (A, B and C) receive C.S.D./Field Sales calls as and when required which will be dictated by customers ordering pattern or Customer Services.
2. Identify, target and convert new business accounts via cold calling, telesales and mailshots.
3. Ensure developing prospects and new customers receive Field Sales calls as and when required which will be dictated by prospects or new customers ordering pattern or by Customer Services.
4. Range selling of other End-of-Line Packaging materials with particular emphasis on standard stock products, a ratio of 70% standard stock to 30% bespoke stock will be our aim.
5. Encouraging all customers to receive regular Customer Service calls.
6. To play and active role in developing Customer communication, such as cold telephone canvassing, appointment making, Company introduction letters, quotations and quotation follow-up, product sample and demonstrations and the opening and administration of new accounts.
7. Liaison with other team members of staff, such as Customer Services, Purchasing, Credit Control, and Administration.
8. Managing commercial agreements and arranging the stocking of non-standard stock products.
9. Play an active role in the improvement and efficiency of the Field Sales role and key account development.
10. Handle customer complaints, arrange product returns and credit notes.
11. In conjunction with Customer Services, organise, follow-up and monitor mailshots on existing or new product developments, services and general customer communication.
12. To design and monitor, Field Sales visits by customer, prospect and geographical area.
13. Monitor and feedback competitor information.