Visiting Support Worker
Family Mosaic has an exciting opportunity for a Visiting Support Worker to join the team based in Basildon. You will be there on a full time, permanent basis, and you will be offered a competitive salary of £15,000 per annum.
Family Mosaic is committed to support vulnerable adults who may have a learning, physical or neurological disorder. Our customers are housed within two/three or larger bedded properties where staff are on duty to support and enable. Our services are across Essex and can be within the following areas, Basildon, Corringham, Grays, Chadwell St. Mary and Epping.
The Visiting Support Worker role:
To supervise a small team of support workers; to deliver high quality and effective support services, which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers, in accordance with Family Mosaic policies and procedures and the principles of best practice. The applicant will need to work shifts and manage the day to day running of a service including staff supervision.
Responsibilities of our Visiting Support Worker:
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Hold a caseload of clients, and provide support to them on a key work basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
The ideal Visiting Support Worker will have the below personal qualities:
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- We expect you to be as passionate as we are about making a real difference to people’s lives, and supporting them to be as independent, safe, healthy and happy as they possibly can be
- Kind and empathetic
- Respect the individual characteristics and needs of the very diverse range of customers you’ll be dealing with
- A sense of humour
- An approachable manner and the resilience to cope with a busy, challenging and emotive job
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Visiting Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 21/01/18
You will need to have access to a car or other independent means of transport.
Please be advised that a short test will be part of the interview process.
If you are successful with the first part of our interview process, you will be asked to visit one of our services, and the outcome of the visit will be for us to assess your inter-action, and for you to consider if you have the commitment and values we require. It is also an opportunity for our customers to meet the staff that may be supporting them and for them to provide their view.