An exciting opportunity not to be missed! Calsonic Kansei is looking for a Materials Engineer to join the team based in Millbrook. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £38,653.67 - £41,787.74 per annum dependent on experience plus benefits.
Calsonic Kansei is a leading global manufacturing company supplying products to automotive OEM customers from more than 70 manufacturing facilities spanning several continents.
Our desire is to provide world-class automotive components and systems, be leaders in innovation and contribute to a sustainable society. Our product line includes Climate, Exhaust, Heat Exchange, Interior and Electronic Systems. We are aiming to achieve sustainable business growth through expansion of our product range & customer base.
We are looking to recruit a Materials Engineer to join our new development centre in Millbrook, Bedfordshire.
Contribute to the design & development of automotive components & systems using your material engineering knowledge & experience. Your development activities will support new product launch & the continuous improvement of current product competitiveness.
Key responsibilities of the Materials Engineer:
- New material approval for polymers & coatings - Technical and project management activity.
- Investigate & report the European region polymer & coating technologies & trends.
- Support material & chemical regulatory compliance of products.
- Control of laboratory activity for failure analysis of product.
Our ideal Materials Engineer will have the ability and experience to:
- Material Science & Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Experience in the development & industrial application of polymers & coatings.
- Practical laboratory experience.
- Self-motivated & well organised with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Eager to learn and develop
- Prepare & present technical data towards material approval achievement.
- Research all aspects of EU polymer & coating material market & compile technical reports.
- Organise & control laboratory analysis & prepare reports.
- Meet with customers & suppliers to discuss material development needs, issues & trends.
- Interface effectively across functions & regions.
- Conduct supplier audits.
Benefits of becoming the Materials Engineer:
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - Company Contribution up to 7%
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Hours – 39 per week Monday to Friday
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Free Car Parking
- Life Assurance
If you think this is the right role for you, why not click ‘apply’ now to become our Materials Engineer. We’d love to hear from you!