Graduate Management Trainee - Operations
Job Description: Graduate Management Trainee - Operations
Russell Building Products Limited is a leading UK roof tile manufacturer with 170 staff operating at 3 sites within the UK. The Company is part of an International Group of roof tile manufacturers with sister companies in Mexico, Texas and Florida.
We are looking for a permanent Graduate Management Trainee for Operations to support the Production Team with a wide range of duties. This position would suit a recent mechanical/electrical engineering or business graduate who is keen to commence a career in production and manufacturing.
Russell Building Products employs around 10 apprentices and commercial trainees whom we support through day release and evening training programmes at local colleges and following a probationary period, RRT is willing to fund further qualification as part of this role. Full training and support will be provided, although the successful candidate will be expected to integrate and apply themselves from an early stage.
Reporting into the Production Management Team, you will work from our headquarters in our Burton on Trent office and key responsibilities will include:
- Daily efficiency outputs of relevant production lines
- Close liaison between Production, Maintenance and Quality teams
- Understanding the production scheduling and raw material control processes
- Operational cost/variance analysis
- Safety Health & Environment operational compliance
- Operational Management System compliance/administration
- Continual plant and equipment development through PPM’s and Strategic improvements.
- Continual employee improvements through training and development
- Carrying out any other ad hoc projects as required by Production
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to be flexible and to take on and learn new tasks
- Confident, assertive and reliable individual with effective communication skills, capable of building strong working relationships with staff they liaise with in Production, Maintenance and Quality
- Punctuality, ability to meet deadlines and appropriate time management skills
- Teamwork ethic
- A good level of IT skills, including Word and Excel
- Willingness to challenge appropriately
RBP is an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. RBP does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.
CV applications should be sent with covering letter to email@example.com or in writing to the address below. At times, due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you don’t hear from us within 14 days, we're sorry you haven’t been successful this time.