Suitable candidates will have the following experience and knowledge:-
- An Engineering qualification to HND/Degree level
- A Supervisory qualification to at least a level 3 standard
- Proven track record in managing Machine Shops
- High accuracy machining which will include Turning Centre, Machining Centre, and Grinding technology / methodology.
- Process engineering / CNC programming / Mazatrol/Smooth control systems / Reading and understanding of component drawings.
- Managing a three shift, seven day work pattern
- Be an advocate of Six Sigma and Lean principles
- Planning, improving, recording a team’s performance though visualisation and good communication techniques
- Continuous improvement – leading and supporting a team to increase utilisation and performance
- ‘Lights out’ and multi-machine manning
- IT system based planning and measuring
- Monitoring and controlling budgets
You should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be a good communicator
- Manage with integrity, awareness, teamwork, commitment, and passion
- Have the ability to motivate, monitor and coach individuals
- Have the aptitude to maintain daily activities
- Attendance at regular meetings to give updates on relevant issues
- Present formally to an audience of varying seniority
- Management of all health and safety issues
- Management of all required production processes.
We may have a high volume of applicants and therefore unfortunately will not be able to respond to all enquiries but we will try to provide feedback where we can.